Yummy recipe for you – enjoy as a main dish
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1.5 inch fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 3 garlics, grated
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powdered
- 1 big sweet potato, cut into squares
- 10 mushrooms, cut into chunks
- 2 cups rice brown, cooked
- 3 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar apple cider
- salt, black pepper
- Corn starch or any other preferred thickener (in case only)
How to make it:
- Pre-cook your rice (2 cups of rice in 4 cups vegetable broth) black pepper.
- Heat up the oil in a big pot. Add onion and cook till tender (add water to prevent onion from burning if you need to) add garlic, ginger, turmeric and cook for another 30 second.
- Add mushrooms, black pepper, mix it well and cook for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes, mix it, add water till sweet potatoes are just covered.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, mix it and bring it to the boil.
- When boiling, decrease the temperature to medium and cook uncovered till your potatoes are soft. The liquid will be slowly evaporating.
- When your potatoes are soft and you have still a lot of liquid in the pot, take few tablespoon of that liquid into the cup and mix it with corn starch till you have smooth liquidy paste. And pour it back to the pot. Mix it well. Your sauce should become more thick. If not repeat the procedure.
- When the sauce have the thickness you desire, taste it and add more seasoning if you want to.
- Mix it with your cooked rice.
Risottos are always the most delicious served immediately.
If you fancy different risotto, see these👇
👉Learn about Whole food plant based lifestyle here and be inspired by these👉 delicious recipes
Learn about👉 zero waste lifestyle and why it is so important.
Connect with me @discover.north.cyprus
Join @our.planet.our.home on Instagram – world wide zero waste community
My risotto is ready😋
When you make it let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you.
From my heart to yours