Please don’t throw away your overripe bananas.
Peel them, Freeze them & Use them for making yummy smoothie or “nice” cream
make these delicious recipes.
Food waste is a #RecipeForDisaster
I am joining @worldfoodprogramma_official to spotlight this issue as around the world 1 in 9 people still go to bed on an empty stomach each night.
The United Nations World Food Programme is there for those left behind, saving lives in conflicts and disasters and changing lives for the better by empowering millions to get the food they need to build a brighter future.
WFP works in the poorest, most war-torn countries in the world with the people most marginalized and left furthest behind. Assisting 80 million people in around 80 countries each year, WFP is the leading humanitarian organization fighting hunger worldwide, delivering food assistance in emergencies and working with communities to improve nutrition and build resilience.
- There is enough food to feed the world’s 7 billion people, but 815 million people – 1 in 9 – still go to bed on an empty stomach each night.
- One-third of all food produced for human consumption is lost or wasted. As much as 1/3 of food is wasted across the world.
- Globally, four billion tonnes of food is leftover and discarded every year, while some 20 million people in South Sudan, Nigeria, Somalia and Yemen are on the brink of starvation and around 5.7 million children are dangerously malnourished.
- Food waste is a moral, ethical, financial and environmental issue.
- Every Recipe for Disaster is a meal that prevents food waste.
Learn more about food waste at wfp.org/recipefordisaster
PLEASE DON’T WASTE YOUR FOOD.
MAKE a MEAL PLAN AND SHOPPING LIST FOR a FOLLOWING DAYS TO AVOID FOOD WASTE AS MUCH AS YOU CAN.
I do it all the time and I can say the planning ahead really works.
Thank you so much
USE YOUR OVERRIPE BANANAS TO MAKE THESE DELICIOUS MEALS👇
Also learn about Whole food plant based lifestyle
be inspired by these delicious recipes
and read about
Connect with me @discover.north.cyprus
Join @our.planet.our.home on Instagram – world wide zero waste community
Thank you so much
Wish you a beautiful day