Yummy recipe for you – enjoy as a main dish.
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 big garlics, chopped
- 6 tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup oats
- 500ml water
- Salt, pepper
- Whole grain pasta you like
How to make it:
- Preheat your oven. Oil your tray, place the tomatoes on it and sprinkle them with salt and pepper. Bake them at 200 degrees for 20 minutes.
- Place your oats and water into a high speed blender. Leave it there for around 20 minutes. Then blend it till smooth.
- Meanwhile cook your pasta according to the instructions. Put aside when ready.
- Heat up the oil in a sauce pan, add onion and cook till tender. Add splash of water to prevent onion from burning if you need to. Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds or so.
- When tomatoes are ready put them into your onion, garlic mixture, add salt and pepper and mix it well.
- Add your liquid from blender to your tomatoes and mix it well.
- Taste it and add more seasoning if you desire.
- Now you have 2 options – either you bring your dish to a boil and then turn it off. Or transfer your whole dish to the blender and blend it till smooth. I like both options but I prefer the second one.
This recipe makes around 3 – 4 portions.
👉Learn about Whole food plant based lifestyle here and be inspired by these👉 delicious recipes
Learn about👉 zero waste lifestyle and why it is so important.
Connect with me @discover.north.cyprus
Join @our.planet.our.home on Instagram – world wide zero waste community
If you fancy different pasta sauce, see these👇
My tomatoes are going to the oven