Yummy recipe for you – enjoy as a starter.
Slovak 🇸🇰 šošovicová polievka
What you need:
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlics, crushed and chopped
- 1 big carrot, sliced
- 2 celery sticks, cut into small pieces
- 250g brown lentils, dried, washed
- 2 liters vegetable stock ( I usually make 2 litres of this soup so I will adjust my stock according to this)
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon parsley, dried
- salt, pepper
- 700g potatoes, peeled, cut
How to make it:
- Cook potatoes separately in a salted water. When ready put it aside.
- In a big soup pot heat up coconut oil. Add onion and cook till tender. (Add splash of water to prevent the onion from burning). Add garlic and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Add carrot, celery, salt, pepper and mix it well. Cook it for around 3 minutes.
- Add brown lentils, parsley and mix it well.
- Add vegetable stock and bay leaves. Bring it to the boil and after simmer till the lentils are completely soft. Add more water if needed.
- Transfer half of the soup to the blender and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the “blended soup” back to the soup and mix it well.
- Taste it and add more seasoning if desired.
- Mix in the cooked potatoes.
This soup makes around 4 portions so share it with your loved ones or store it in the fridge.
👉Learn about Whole food plant based lifestyle here and be inspired by these👉 delicious recipes
Learn about👉 zero waste lifestyle and why it is so important.
Connect with me @discover.north.cyprus
Join @our.planet.our.home on Instagram – world wide zero waste community
If you fancy different kind of soup, have a look at these👇
When you make it let me know what you think. I would love to hear from you.
From my heart to yours